Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Home

The Paw of a Bear site is now on a new webhost.  Unfortunately there are still boxes all over the floor and the corkscrew is nowhere to be found.  Such is the chaos of moving.

Volusion, my old e-commerce provider, had many more options and a much more professional looking storefront when it loaded.  Sadly, it didn't reliably load.  On key days the website was unavailable. The shipping calculator broke and Volusion didn't contact the storeowners to let us know.  The credit card gateway went down and, again,Volusion didn't contact us to let us know.

The new site isn't as fancy.  For now, I'm using PayPal's shopping cart instead of an onsite cart.  PayPal seems secure for my customers and secure for me.  I don't like that it opens a new window.  Given my druthers, I'd have a cart on my site and a nice easy one page checkout process.

However, I'd rather spend my time designing a new kit than learning how to create a secure, safe, elegant shopping cart when the secure, safe, inelegant Paypal is available.

Drop me a line and let me know what you think.  Oh, and if you happen to find a broken link, feel free to drop me a line about that too.

Cheers,

mthd

No comments:

Post a Comment